Considering a Move to Southern MA? Let us help!
SOUTHERN MA OVERVIEW
Bordering Rhode Island, including some coastal communities, and home to Gillette Stadium, Southern MA is quickly becoming a local hot-spot for families looking to put down roots. Access to Boston via the MBTA commuter rail is possible and home prices often decrease while lot sizes increase the further you travel from Greater Boston. Southern MA, like it’s neighbors, is rich in local history and has a ton to offer local families.
Cities in Southern MA
General Information about Southern MA
Transportation + Walkability
- MBTA Commuter Rail :: Commute from these towns into Downtown is desirable.
- MBTA Bus :: Most of these towns over MBTA bus service of some sort.
- Many neighborhoods walkable
Southern MA School System
Pediatricians + Urgent Care
Family friendly restaurants
Find an Agent
“North Attleboro and the surrounding towns are all about accessibility. Halfway between Boston and Providence RI on RT95, makes a city day with the kids so easy. There is plenty of retail and restaurants. It is the best of suburban life where anything you need is only ten minutes away”
Interested in learning more about Southern MA?
Our local moms are ready to give you the scoop on what you need to know about Southern MA Boston. Check out these posts to find out all you need to know.
Boston Moms says it’s time to eat your veggies! Picking out your own farm-fresh fruits and vegetables and supporting local growers is a win/win scenario! Farmers markets can be found in cities and towns all over the Boston area. Here are a few of Boston...
The sun is shining, the weather is beautiful, and outside is calling your name! Whether you are hiking, biking, or swinging away, there are endless places in the Boston area to enjoy the outdoors! Feel the sun on your face and the breeze in your hair as you...
Maybe you’ve been in Boston for years, but you’re now having kids and looking to relocate. Maybe you’re planning a move to the Boston area from another city in the U.S. or abroad, and you’re trying to make sense of your options. Whatever the case, Boston Moms Blog is...
Maybe you’ve been in Boston for years, but you’re now having kids and looking to relocate. Maybe you’re planning a move to the Boston area from another city in the U.S. or abroad, and you’re trying to make sense of your options. Whatever the case, Boston Moms is here...
Interested in Exploring Other Areas in Boston?
In addition to Southern MA, there’s many other great locations in Boston to choose from. Check them out!
Want to find out more about Moving to SOUTHERN MA?
Contact a local mom and REALTOR ® team – Lori Rudd + Rosanne Tebeau today!
Thank you to our Sponsors
NEDC practices a complete planning system that allows for families to understand the complete cost and process prior to starting any construction. Using a design-build method, and spending a considerable amount of time planning out every aspect of your project — including the budget, the schedule, design, and materials — NEDC creates an end product that is both aesthetically beautiful and fits the needs of your specific lifestyle.
Boston Baby Nurse + Nanny is a boutique nanny agency that has been serving families in Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, and New Hampshire for nearly two decades. Whether it’s overnight newborn support, sleep coaching, postpartum assistance, nanny placement, or online childcare classes, their services offer parents the peace of mind and reassurance that comes with having trusted caregivers.
Pediatricians & Urgent Care
- Boston Children’s Hospital Pediatric ER
- Hasbro Children’s Hospital Emergency Department; Providence RI
- Sturdy Memorial Hospital: Emergency Room, Attleboro
- St Luke’s Hospital: Department of Emergency Medicine; New Bedford
- Good Samaritan Medical Center: Emergency Room; Brockton
- Boston Children’s Primary Care Alliance; Bridgewater, Sharon, New Bedford, Brockton, Wareham, Mansfield, Easton
- Sturdy Memorial Hospital Pediatrics; Attleboro, Plainville, Rehoboth
- Southcoast’ Health; Fairhaven, New Bedford, Dartmouth, Fall River
- Signature Healthcare; Brockton, Easton, Hanson
- Tri-County Pediatric Associates; Stoughton
- Walpole Pediatric Associates; Walpole
- Milford Regional Physicians Group; Franklin, Medway
Family Friendly Restaurants
- KinderCare; Walpole, Plainville, Mansfield, Franklin, Taunton, Easton, Sharon, Fall River
- Bright Horizons; Foxboro, Franklin
- Four Seasons Creative Learning Center; West Bridgewater
- The Learning Well; West Bridgewater
- Children’s Center YMCA Bernon; Franklin
- Children’s Center YMCA Invensys; Foxboro
- Old Colony YMCA Child Care; Brockton, Easton, East Bridgewater, Middleboro, Taunton, Stoughton
- Primrose Schools; Mansfield
- Goddard School; Bellingham, Medfield
- YMCA Hockomock; North Attleboro, Franklin, Foxboro
- YMCA Old Colony; Brockton, East Bridgewater, Easton, Middleboro, Stoughton, Plymouth, Taunton
- YMCA Attleboro; Attleboro, Norton
- YMCA Southcoast, Wareham, Dartmouth, Fall River, New Bedford, Mattapoisett, Swansea
- Newman YMCA, Seekonk
- Boys and Girls Club of Fall River
- Boys and Girls Club of Greater New Bedford, New Bedford, Wareham
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Metro South; Taunton, Brockton
Project Connect Family Center; Attleboro
Indoor Play Areas
- Southern MA has many Christian Churches of all denominations. Any town in this area will likely have more than one Christian Church.
- Archdiocese Of Boston
- Archdiocese of Fall River
- There are many Jewish Temples in Southern MA. JewishBoston is a great resource.
- Islamic Society of the South Shore; Brockton
- Islamic Society of South Dartmouth; Dartmouth
- The Islamic Center Of Greater Attleboro (Masjid Yaseen); Attleboro
- Islamic Center of New England (ICNE); Sharon