UPDATED 5 p.m. March 26, 2021:
UPDATED 5 p.m. March 22, 2021: Nominations are now closed! Stay tuned for our announcement of our 5 finalists on Wednesday March 24, 2021!
As the premier parenting resource in the Greater Boston area, the mission of Boston Moms has always been to enrich the lives of the moms we serve. Our goal to connect moms to each other and to their communities, to offer important resources, and to celebrate motherhood is paramount to all we do.
Last year, we had the distinct privilege of honoring local Super Moms through our first-ever search for Boston’s Super Mom on the Frontlines. A year later (wow), we will do it all over again to ensure that these moms get the recognition they so deserve.
While all moms are certainly carrying a heavier load these days, moms who are working on the frontlines during this pandemic are carrying exponentially more. To us, they are SUPER. This is our opportunity to honor and celebrate their contributions to our community and to cheer them on as they continue to do this important work at home and on the frontlines.
Nominations for Boston’s Super Mom on the Frontlines will be accepted beginning at 5 a.m. EST on March 15, 2021, just over one year after the MA statewide COVID-19 shutdown was declared.
We are looking for moms who stand out in a crowd. Do you know a mom who is working on the frontlines? Perhaps she is a doctor, a nurse, a pharmacist, a medical assistant, a radiologist technician, a first responder, a researcher, or a lab staff member. Maybe she has a different job entirely and has gone above and beyond for her community this year! What is she doing to make a difference for others? Does she set an example and offer encouragement for others around her? How has she had to sacrifice so that she can continue to serve our community during this crucial time?
Boston’s Super Mom on the Frontlines might be your own mom, your neighbor, your grandmother, your best friend, or anyone else you admire. Boston’s Super Mom on the Frontlines might be YOU!
How to nominate someone for Boston’s Super Mom on the Frontlines:
- Complete the form below to nominate a Boston-area mom who is working on the frontlines during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Submissions will be accepted through Monday, March 22, 2021, at 5 p.m. EST.
- The Boston Moms team will determine the finalists, and you — our community — will cast the final vote on Facebook beginning on March 24, 2021!
- The winner will be announced at 5 p.m. on March 26, 2021.
Boston’s Super Mom on the Frontlines will win this terrific prize package from our generous sponsors, valued at nearly $4,000 and including:
- A full photography session with Crabapple Photography :: ($1,015 value) Includes at least 30 unique, hand-edited portraits in both color and black and white AND all digital files. Can be redeemed at the Andover studio, a local park, or the winner’s home (distance depending).
- Dinner for four from Perfect Strangers and Chef Adam Munroe :: ($600 value) Perfect Strangers will provide the winner with a “Downtown Dining at Home” custom menu, themed party, or special event in the comfort of her home or at a desired location. Through formal consultation and detailed discussions, Perfect Strangers will create the experience you desire and deserve!
- One-night hotel stay from XV Beacon :: ($600+ value) You deserve some rest and relaxation, Super Mom! XV Beacon Hotel reigns over Boston’s historic Beacon Hill neighborhood in its turn-of-the-century landmark Beaux Arts building. The modern furnishings counterbalanced by a grand staircase of marble, mahogany paneling, and original caged-glass elevator reflect how past lives transform into the present. The 63-room luxury boutique hotel, recognized for peerless personal service, sophisticated interiors, and luxurious custom amenities, distinguishes itself with its sense of heritage, peacefulness of home, and utmost discretion.
- A spa day from PARLR :: ($300 value) Enjoy a beautiful combination of PARLR’s two most requested services — a HydraFacial and blowout! The innovative and medical-grade HydraFacial treatment combines with the serenity and relaxation of a signature PARLR facial. Deeply cleanse, extract, and hydrate your skin through super serums filled with antioxidants, peptides, and hyaluronic acid using the HydraFacial machine. Feel extra pampered with an added massage of the face, neck, and decollate. This experience will conclude with a custom jelly mask under a Celluma LED light panel — truly a heavenly service! Following the facial you will receive a wash, blowout, and style! Must be used by 10/01/2021. This may not be transferred to other services or products.
- 3 hours of carpentry Design Build work from New England Design + Construction :: NEDC is a high-end architectural design-build firm that focuses on major home renovations, but they LOVE to give back and would be happy to lend a hand to help enhance our winner’s home with a small but meaningful custom Design Build carpentry project. Shelves to hang? Check! Storage to create? Check! Quick carpentry project? Check! (This will include a virtual design consultation done digitally and a custom carpentry project of several hours within the home.)
- An everlasting bouquet from Boston Elegant Flowers :: ($205 value) Our winner will be delivered a striped elegant box (size L) with preserved red roses and hydrangea that will last at least one year! No water needed!
- A $150 gift card to New England Country Mart :: New England Country Mart (NECM) is a family-owned local newcomer to the online grocery space. NECM is committed to freshness, sustainability, and keeping it local, always. They strive to make the incredible bounty produced right here in New England more accessible than ever before, right at your fingertips — with ties to all your local farmer’s market favorites across New England. Working with local producers means fewer touchpoints and distance between production and your home. NECM believes food not only provides sustenance and pleasure, it also brings families and communities closer together. The Boston-based company offers free delivery six days a week within the 495 belt of MA with expansions to Cape Cod, and most of Rhode Island, and Southern New Hampshire (more expansions coming soon). In select areas they offer same-day and next-day delivery. Winner must be within the NECM delivery zone.
- A charcuterie board from The Charcuterie Mama :: ($100 value) The Charcuterie Mama offers grazing tables, charcuterie boards, and boxes and would love to offer our winner a small charcuterie board! Winner may pick up in Acton, MA, or delivery within 15 miles is available.
Nominees may be featured on BostonMoms.com and associated Boston Moms and prize sponsors’ social media channels, ensuring each mom is seen as the superhero she is. Finalists will be featured on Boston Moms’ social media accounts, and the winner of the grand prize will receive a special profile feature on BostonMoms.com!
Nominate a deserving mom TODAY!
View Boston Moms’ overall terms and conditions here.
Some of the 2020 nominees ::
Our 2020 Winner, Katie Mahoney :: Katie Mahoney is a mother of three and lives in Hanson, MA. She has been a nurse since she graduated from Northeastern University. She has three beautiful children, Calleigh (11), Conor (9), and Charlotte (5). Katie is a devoted mother and wife who enjoys spending time with her family, traveling, camping, and skiing.
Why is Katie a Super Mom on the Front Lines?
Katie’s unit at Boston Medical Center is 100% COVID-19 patients. She was scared. Her family was scared. Yet every day she shows up with strength and grace. She sacrifices snuggles and hugs with her children. She sleeps apart from her family. She shares intimate FaceTime calls with complete strangers because that is the only way her patients’ loved ones can say one last goodbye. This is her new norm. She is a HERO!