It wouldn’t be a Fourth of July BBQ without BURGERS!
If you’re looking for a crowd-pleasing recipe that will surely wow your family or your guests, look no further!
Grilled Burgers with Bacon Onion Jam
85% lean ground beef
1 lb. thick-cut bacon
2 large onions
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/3 c. brewed coffee
1/4 c. maple syrup
1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
- Chop bacon into small pieces. Cook on high heat until just barely crispy.
- Remove bacon from pan and discard most of the bacon grease.
- Add chopped onion to hot pan. Cook onions until translucent.
- Add brown sugar to caramelize onions.
- Once onions are nice and brown, add bacon pieces back to pan.
- Add coffee, syrup, and vingear. Cook on low for about a half hour, stirring frequently. Let the jam tell YOU when it’s done. It should be a thick, saucy jam.
- Combine ground beef, salt, and pepper and form burger patties. Cook on the grill or in a pan on the stovetop.
- Serve your bacon onion jam on the grilled burgers!
Boston Moms would love to hear your ideas! How do you plan to celebrate the 4th of July with your family? Tell us in the comments!